We have been closely monitoring the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic both locally in Boise, Idaho and around the nation. Different levels of government and the USAPA have established various guidelines, restrictions, and mandates, but everything continues to be in a state of flux. The current situation in Ada County (where Eagle and Boise, ID are located) is that we cannot hold gatherings greater than 50 people. We are facing a current spike in cases in Idaho, and especially in Ada County.
Even though Pickle Jam is over six weeks away, and we are all hopeful the situation will be better by then, we have regretfully decided to cancel Pickle Jam 2020.
· Current spike in local Covid-19 Cases
· Current Stage 3 restrictions not allowing gatherings over 50
· Participants flying and traveling from all over the country and needing to make travel plans
· Pickle Jam being held in our beautiful, but indoor, facility. With 250 participants, it will be hard to ensure proper social distancing measures.
· Finally, and most importantly, the safety of all our wonderful participants and staff.
We appreciate all the support we have gotten to make this event a success. As one of our players stated, “Pickle Jam works very hard to provide the best experience for all at a very reasonable price. It is truly a value and amazing that you can offer so much play and ambiance and fun experiences.” We certainly hope to be back very soon providing our unique pickleball jamboree.
Stay Safe and Healthy,
Pickle Jam Staff, Susannah, Dylan, and Kathy